Vaginoplasty or vaginal rejuvenation is the procedure through which redundant tissue is resected and inner labia are repositioned. In some women since puberty or after pregnancy or simply the passing of time, mucus from inner labia is excessive and tends to protrude and be seen outside outer labia, this generates pain, discomfort in sexual intercourse (dyspareunia) and discomfort to use underwear or bathing suit.
Through surgery mucus from inner labia is resected and repositioned with the purpose of leaving them anatomically normal, and inside major labia avoiding pain and discomfort in the use of underwear and sexual intercourse as well as a young and appropriate look.
How is it made?
The technique aims at giving a younger look to every structure from the pubis, outer labia is rejuvenated, inner labia is made smaller, fat is injected and if the patient wishes, structures are de-pigmented with laser. Aside from aesthetic results, surgery solves problems such as discomfort, touch with underwear and pain in sexual intercourse.
Dr. Minyor Avellaneda
- Member of the Colombian Plastic Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery Society.
- Associated member of the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS).
- Volunteer at Fundación Operación Sonrisa Colombia (Operation Smile Internacional).
- University of Birmingham, Alabama (United States), Observership.
- Maxillofacial and pediatric surgery atChildren's Hospital Alabama (United States)
- Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeon, Universidad El Bosque.
- Physician - Surgeon Universidad Javeriana, Bogotá.