Mentoplasty or plastic chin surgery
Mentoplasty or plastic chin surgery is the procedure through which chin is repositioned in cases in which it is not aesthetic in relation to other elements of face such as nose, cheeks, upper maxillary and mandible. It is important to take specialized photographs before this surgery in order to make a cephalometric study (in which exact face measures are taken) and thus define the desired aesthetic position of chin with high precision.
An incision (cut with scalp) is made inside the mouth at the lower mandible level, the anatomic mandible bone structures are dissected, and with silicone implant or with a cut over the bone, the point of projection of the mandible is repositioned, the new position of the mandible is reviewed intra-surgically in accordance to prior study and the mucus of mouth skin is closed.
Dr. Minyor Avellaneda
- Member of the Colombian Plastic Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery Society.
- Associated member of the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS).
- Volunteer at Fundación Operación Sonrisa Colombia (Operation Smile Internacional).
- University of Birmingham, Alabama (United States), Observership.
- Maxillofacial and pediatric surgery atChildren's Hospital Alabama (United States)
- Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeon, Universidad El Bosque.
- Physician - Surgeon Universidad Javeriana, Bogotá.