Ginecomastia is abnormal growth of breasts in men because of excessive development of one or both mammal glands. The origin of this pathology is determined on the appointment, thus the patient must have ultrasound and mammography to identify gland components. Causes of ginecomastia may be because of a physiological disorder, consumption of certain medication or in most cases hormonal disbalance.
Treatment for ginecomastia is liposuction, in which local anesthesia is used and a little incision on the breast is made, it is accessed with a cannula and through laser or ultrasound technique this excess off at is eliminated.
Dr. Minyor Avellaneda
- Member of the Colombian Plastic Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery Society.
- Associated member of the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS).
- Volunteer at Fundación Operación Sonrisa Colombia (Operation Smile Internacional).
- University of Birmingham, Alabama (United States), Observership.
- Maxillofacial and pediatric surgery atChildren's Hospital Alabama (United States)
- Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeon, Universidad El Bosque.
- Physician - Surgeon Universidad Javeriana, Bogotá.