Forethead lift or frontoplasty
Frontoplasty or forehead lift is the surgical procedure through which we free forehead skin and muscles to reposition them in such a way that they are left in the right anatomic position, generating a younger, more attractive and natural look. This is evidenced when the patient complains about a sad or tired look, redundant or fallen eye lids and excess wrinkles on forehead.
Not only skin, but all the muscular and support system of forehead is repositioned with surgery; significantly recovering normal forehead, eyebrows and face expression. Through incisions on scalp (that cover scar very well and is not more than 1 cm) forehead structures are lifted; skin, muscle and eyebrows are fixed in a new position for a long lasting and permanent result.
Dr. Minyor Avellaneda
- Member of the Colombian Plastic Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery Society.
- Associated member of the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS).
- Volunteer at Fundación Operación Sonrisa Colombia (Operation Smile Internacional).
- University of Birmingham, Alabama (United States), Observership.
- Maxillofacial and pediatric surgery atChildren's Hospital Alabama (United States)
- Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeon, Universidad El Bosque.
- Physician - Surgeon Universidad Javeriana, Bogotá.