face rejuvenation (rhytidoplasty)
Rhytidoplasty or face rejuvenation (Lifting) is the procedure that allows integral rejuvenation of face aged by the passing of time. Through the years face skin is weakened because of gravity and it drops. This is evidenced in the forehead, eyebrows, cheeks, mouth and mandible, generating a bulged shape of the face, stressing wrinkles and giving the sense of an expression of tiredness and/or bad mood.
With surgery, not only skin but all the muscle and support system of the face are repositioned, thus significantly recovering the juvenile expression, structures such as cheeks and mouth commissures are back in the right place. Also, when removing extra skin, it is tensed again, wrinkles are reduced, shape and angles of mandible and neck are recovered.
Dr. Minyor Avellaneda
- Member of the Colombian Plastic Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery Society.
- Associated member of the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS).
- Volunteer at Fundación Operación Sonrisa Colombia (Operation Smile Internacional).
- University of Birmingham, Alabama (United States), Observership.
- Maxillofacial and pediatric surgery atChildren's Hospital Alabama (United States)
- Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeon, Universidad El Bosque.
- Physician - Surgeon Universidad Javeriana, Bogotá.