Excess sweating eliminated

 
 

 

How is

Excess sweating eliminated
 

Hyperhidrosis or Excess Sweating is a medical condition characterized by excessive sweating in regions such as armpits and feet and atypical like back and thorax. Causes of this condition are of idiopathic origin (or unknown) in 70% of cases, and associated to stress, nervousness or anguish. The other 30% to neurological causes.

In cases of hyperhidrosis this process is highly stressed and generates discomfort such as: feeling of moistness, marks on clothes, especially shirts and t shirts, damage to them and the most uncomfortable one: bad odor or Bromhidrosis which may generate a state of unwillingness, shame and even desperation seeing that others perceive this circumstance.

Nombre / Name (*)

Correo electrónico/ Email (*)

Móvil / Mobile Phone(*)

Mensaje / Message

Estos datos no serán suministrados a terceras personas, bases de datos, etc. Serán utilizados según las leyes colombianas de manejo de datos personales, ley 1266 del 2008

Patient

Stories
 
 
 

Meet

Dr. Minyor Avellaneda

Academic Training
  • Member of the Colombian Plastic Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery Society.
  • Associated member of the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS).
  • Volunteer at Fundación Operación Sonrisa Colombia (Operation Smile Internacional).
  • University of Birmingham, Alabama (United States), Observership.
  • Maxillofacial and pediatric surgery atChildren's Hospital Alabama (United States)
  • Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeon, Universidad El Bosque.
  • Physician - Surgeon Universidad Javeriana, Bogotá.

Welcome

To Our Office
 
1How long does this procedure take?
It takes about 10 minutes if performed with toxin. If performed with surgery, the procedure takes about an hour.
2How long is the recovery?
In case of performing with toxin, patient may return to working activities immediately. If performed with surgery, patient may return to working activities on the second day.
3What post-surgery precautions must I have?
Basically, to follow recommendations and take medication. Physical activities such as sports may be carried out from the fourth day and may gradually increase intensity.
4Who is an ideal prospect?
Any person who suffers excess sweating (Hyperhidrosis), bad odor and wishes to correct this.
5With what other names is this procedure known as?
Hyperhidrosis, excess sweating
6 Am I going to have anti-aesthetic scars after surgery?
There is no scar with toxin, if performed with surgery two 2 mm scars are left.
7Can this surgery be combined?
Yes, it may be combined with any aesthetic or surgical procedure.
8Does it hurt much?
With toxin pain is mínimum. If with surgery, sedation type anesthesia is used so it does not cause any pain.