Plastic jowl surgery or neck liposuction is the surgical procedure aimed at eliminating fat under the chin. This increase of fat, enlarges and widens face aside from damaging the natural angle of the neck. In cases in which only excess of fat is causing this problem, minimal incisions are made, one on the chin and one behind each ear to perform jowl liposuction removing all fat from the affected area.
The amount that is lipo-suctioned depends on each patient, but the idea in all cases is to try to flatten jowl the most. In some cases, the cause of “jowl” is not excess off at but also because the muscles of the neck are weakened and form a “hammock” exacerbating the problem even more, in this case Cervicoplasty enhances results of liposuction even more.
Dr. Minyor Avellaneda
- Member of the Colombian Plastic Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery Society.
- Associated member of the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS).
- Volunteer at Fundación Operación Sonrisa Colombia (Operation Smile Internacional).
- University of Birmingham, Alabama (United States), Observership.
- Maxillofacial and pediatric surgery atChildren's Hospital Alabama (United States)
- Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeon, Universidad El Bosque.
- Physician - Surgeon Universidad Javeriana, Bogotá.