Reduction Mammoplasty or breast reduction is the procedure that aims at reducing breast size and volume. Mammary hyperplastic (disproportionate breast enlargement) may be presented because of genetics, hormonal changes, weight gain, further to pregnancy or for menopause. It is characterized because of progressive and abrupt increase in size of breasts that is translated into back pain, loss of breast shape, enlargement and fall of areola and nipple.
Through surgery, the aim is not only to reduce size and volume of both breasts but it is also necessary to reduce their weight, lift the areola and nipple, give them a rounded, natural and stylized shape, maintaining results in the long term.
Dr. Minyor Avellaneda
- Member of the Colombian Plastic Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery Society.
- Associated member of the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS).
- Volunteer at Fundación Operación Sonrisa Colombia (Operation Smile Internacional).
- University of Birmingham, Alabama (United States), Observership.
- Maxillofacial and pediatric surgery atChildren's Hospital Alabama (United States)
- Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeon, Universidad El Bosque.
- Physician - Surgeon Universidad Javeriana, Bogotá.