Enlargement mammoplasty is the procedure through which size, volume and shape of breasts is enhanced. It consists of implanting a mammal prothesis that may be made of silicon or salt solution. There are more than 400 types of implants according to: composition, cover, shape and projection. Size of implant is a personal decision that is advised by the plastic surgeon.
Breast enlargement, is a procedure that lasts approximately 2 hours, it does not require hospitalization and Patient may return to your working activities as of the third day depending on recovery of each patient. Scars are minimum and may be hidden in the armpit in the inframammary fold or in the areola.
Characteristics: One part of the implant is covered by muscle and the other is not (A combination of retro-glandular and retro-muscle techniques).
Retro- Glandular Enlargemen
Characteristics: Implant is placed behind the gland and in front of the muscle.
Characteristics: Implant is placed completely behind the muscle.
Dr. Minyor Avellaneda
- Member of the Colombian Plastic Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery Society.
- Associated member of the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS).
- Volunteer at Fundación Operación Sonrisa Colombia (Operation Smile Internacional).
- University of Birmingham, Alabama (United States), Observership.
- Maxillofacial and pediatric surgery atChildren's Hospital Alabama (United States)
- Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeon, Universidad El Bosque.
- Physician - Surgeon Universidad Javeriana, Bogotá.