The Bichectomy or cheeks surgery
Bichectomy or plastic cheeks surgery is the procedure through which fat bags from the lower part of the cheeks, also known as Bichat fat bags, is removed. Bichat fat bags are susceptible of increasing size for various reasons, the most common ones being family inheritance and/or abrupt significant weight changes where there may also be increase of fat in the jowl.
In all cases this Bichat fat makes the face look wider or round, which is interpreted as a “bulged face” or “chubby”. The objective of surgery when dissecting these bags and thinner the faces and enhance aesthetic aspect.
Dr. Minyor Avellaneda
- Member of the Colombian Plastic Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery Society.
- Associated member of the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS).
- Volunteer at Fundación Operación Sonrisa Colombia (Operation Smile Internacional).
- University of Birmingham, Alabama (United States), Observership.
- Maxillofacial and pediatric surgery atChildren's Hospital Alabama (United States)
- Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeon, Universidad El Bosque.
- Physician - Surgeon Universidad Javeriana, Bogotá.